Friday, July 9, 2010

What's next?

We miss you Dad 



     My goodness how the time goes rushing by!  I've been calling myself a 'blogger' as if I really was one, and here a whole month has gone by since I dripped a single drop on here.  This is a strange thing since I enjoy writing.
   I think sometimes, we just turn fun things into projects somehow.  Instead of just writing for the fun of it, I get to thinking I must have some great, long, and wise sounded statements going here.  Why this is I don't know.  I mean, the Prime Minister does not read my Blog I'm pretty sure.  (why would he? After all, he phones for advice everyday anyway!).

   So, I'm back. I want to say that much has changed since I was last here. First of all, my Father died on June 11th.  Dad had put up a strong and courageous fight against Lymphoma -which he was winning!- and then caught a lung infection in the hospital that he just could not fight off due his being so 'low' from the Chemo-Therapy.  He never came back home.
    We held a ceremony of his life on July 7th -just two days ago now - and I was happy to see so many of his old friends and so many relatives there to honour him.  And much honour they gave him!  Dad was a well liked and respected man, who went through life making friends and spreading a lot of happiness around.  
  Many of the people who came to celebrate his life had known Dad since his early boyhood years.  Dad made many lifelong friends.  I was proud to see my grandson Glen Skookum come down from Whitehorse to pay his respects to Dad also.
   I was blessed to be able to spend the last year here living with him, and we grew to be good friends.  I had been away for a lot of his later years, so it was a true gift for me to have this time with him.
  Hugh Mortimer.  Father.  Friend.  I miss you.   

   Life moves on.   I am now onto the next adventure myself.  I need to find work and a place to live.  The house here has been sold, and renovations will have to happen in this basement suite, and so it's time to move on.   I don't have too many prospects open for work here right now, but now is the time of testing for my own Faith.  I don't believe the Lord brought me this far to desert me now!  In fact, He said He would not.   So I'm walking in His Words..."I will never leave you, nor forsake you."   I know that God feeds His sparrows....Ive always been one of them!  I also know, that I see the sparrows out in the back 'forty' scratching around looking too, and that is what I must do now.
  So the job search has begun now in earnest (dire earnest you might well say! lol ) and I'm accepting all prayers, believe me!
  But I am continuing to Walk by Faith and not by sight as 2 Cor 5:7 admonishes us to do.   The situation may look daunting - in fact, hopeless even!- but my God is much bigger than hopelessness.  It's amazing how praise combined with speaking words of faith, will activate those Words to become creative power.   We create by speaking God's Word.  Just as He did in the first Chapter of Genesis.  "And God said....."
   Hope is nothing more than a wish for the future.  Faith is an action word for today.
  Hebrews 11:1 says "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for; the evidence of things not yet seen."
    I like that definition of Faith.  NOW faith...why, that must mean right this moment...
           Praise God!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sincerely interested in your comments and any feedback you can give me to help improve. Don't be shy! Leave your name!